The Snowdon Award Scheme
Dear Disability Advisors
Snowdon Grants – Extra help for Disabled Students.
The Snowdon Award Scheme, awards grants for equipment and essential study needs for physically and sensory disabled students accessing vocational and academic courses in the UK, aged 16 plus. We only give awards where funding cannot be met through statutory or other channels.
What we fund
Our grants assist with funding for essential study needs. A maximum award is £2500. Below is a list of typical items we award grants for:
Sign Language interpreter
Desktop Braille embosser
Lightweight laptop computer
Screen reading software
Speech to text software
Extra accommodation costs
Portable lightweight hoist
In the current academic year we are helping 103 students with grants totalling more than £170,000. For more details on criteria & application forms, visit our website or give us a call.
Application Window 2012
2012 Snowdon Awards. The application window starts on February 1st and closes on August 31st. The deadline for applications to be considered at the Summer Panel is May 31st. The second panel sits in October. We are unable to process incomplete applications so please ensure your student`s is complete with all the relevant documentation and reports required.
Marketing & Fundraising
We need to raise awareness and funds for the Scheme. If you would like to get involved with this side of things, or know a contact at your University/College who would, please inform us and send us their details. Very many thanks.
Updates & Quarterly Newsletter – next one Spring 2012 (March)
• Later this year we will be introducing some changes – including our name! If you would like to be kept up to date, please send your name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org and I shall add you to the list!
• Follow us on twitter (see end of email) for weekly alerts!
If you have any queries about any of the above, please feel free to contact us:
• Applications: Mandy Edwards or Paul Alexander (email@example.com)
• Marketing & Fundraising: Harriet Bartley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Website: www.snowdonawardscheme.org.uk
• Phone: 01403 732899